Prof. Inderjit Diwan Lifetime Achievement Award
(Started in 2012)
- The award shall be known as “Prof. Inderjit Diwan Lifetime Achievement Award”.
- This award shall not be given to more than one person in a year.
- There shall be a search committee to be constituted by the executive committee of ASI each year during the Annual National Conference. The search committee will consist of the President, General Secretary and three Life Members who should be senior anatomists of repute with a long standing (about 25 years) as a member of the Anatomical Society of India.
- The Search Committee shall suggest not more than three names in order of preference whom the award could be conferred.
- The members of the search committee shall not be eligible for consideration of the Award in that particular year.
- The search committee may suggest three names in order of preference taking into account the following:-
b. Length of membership of the Anatomical Society of India.
c. Published Research work, Books, Atlases, and monographs etc.
d. Contributions to the Anatomical Society of India.
e. Contributions to the Medical Education.
f. Fellowships, memberships, honours and awards conferred.
- The recommendations of the search committee with all the supporting papers will be sent to the General Secretary of the ASI so as to reach her/ him not later than 30th of April each year for being placed before the next meeting of the Executive Committee of ASI for finalising one name.
- The Executive Committee will, however, be empowered to reject all the names giving reasons for the same. The recommendations of the Executive Committee will be placed before the General Body of the ASI in its next meeting for ratification.
- The Awardee will give an oration of his/her choice to be delivered during the next annual conference of the ASI at a time suitable to the Awardee and the organisers which will be finalised well in advance so that the same could be suitably included in the Conference schedule.
- The Awardee will be presented with a shawl, a plaque, a certificate with citation, and a travel grant up to Rs. 10,000/- during the inauguration function of the next annual conference of ASI.
- The Awardee shall be the Hon’ble guest of the Organisers during the said conference. She / he will not be charged the registration fees, will be provided free accommodation and all the other hospitality / facilities during that conference.
- Once conferred, that Awardee will not be eligible for consideration of this award in future.
- The Award will be under the administrative and financial control of the Anatomical Society of India.
LIST OF AWARDEES
|Dr. Mahdi Hasan
|Dr. S. Ramaswami
|Dr. A. Krishnamurti
|Dr. I. Manorama Thomas
|Dr. Chandrama Anand
|Dr. B.R. Kate
|Dr. D. R. Singh
|Dr. G P Pal